Wednesday May 27, 2020
Jan-29-2010 16:20TweetFollow @OregonNews
Marijuana Addiction and the Fraudulent Therapy IndustryDr. Phil Leveque Salem-News.com
The plans have a built in captive group and it works like a “cash cow”.
(MOLALLA, Ore.) - Anybody who has read any of my medical marijuana articles in Salem-News.com, GOOGLE or several other websites knows that I am a strong advocate of this MIRACLE MEDICINE.
In the meantime the ridiculous propaganda movie Reefer Madness still seems to be believable to many people. In fact Marijuana Addiction Therapy is widely advertised on television and on many websites. For my own peace of mind I decided that I had better look into it.
First of all, if a person is arrested on any kind of marijuana charge the judge will say so many days, months or years in jail or go to a drug rehabilitation program.
THESE ARE VERY EXPENSIVE.
The plans have a built in captive group and it works like a “cash cow”. In checking out a couple of the program sites, I was astonished at the outright fraudulent come-ons which were outright lies. Here is one from my computer of bad effects of marijuana use/addiction (I will use MJ as an abbreviation):
(1) Depressed cell formation (False);
(2) Feelings of isolation and depersonalization (hard to believe);
(3) Shakes, decreased coordination and headaches (MJ treats these);
(4) makes mental and emotional problems worse (probably not, that’s why they use MJ);
(5) Increases heart rate (yes, MJ causes vasodilation and the heart tries to catch up);
(6) 50% more tar than tobacco (we recommend vaporizer – no tar);
(7) Decreases air flow and lung capacity (MJ treats these);
(8) Chronic windpipe irritation (not if using vaporizer);
(9) Pre-cancer lesions in lungs (NOT SO);
(10) Reduced sex drive (patients deny this);
(11) Impotence (patients deny this);
(12) Harms fetus (no such harm found);
(13) Increased still births, neonatal depression, low birth weight, abnormal reactions (none of these found);
(14) Decreased brain function and increased confusion (only with great overdose);
(15) Blackouts (only with very high doses???);
(16) Impaired driving (only if overdosed);
(17) Reduced energy, motivation and drive (MJ does act like a tranquilizer).
Other sites have similar lists but you get the nonsense. Right now, January 2010, about 500,000 patients have permits to use MJ and very few, if any, have any of the above problems. Most people who use MJ receive beneficial effects. The U.S. Government estimates about 50 million people use MJ. If they get arrested they can go to a “private retreat with fine dining, first class amenities, go for walks, ride horses and spend about $500 a day. Well it is better than jail.
If MJ did cause ANY of the above adverse effects, does anybody think 50 million people would be smoking it?
Marijuana Addiction Therapy can last from 4 weeks to 90 days. Who has that kind of money???
Dr. Phillip Leveque has degrees in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology and minors in physiology and biochemistry. He was a Professor of Pharmacology, employed by the University of London for 2 years, during which time he trained the first doctors in Tanzania. After training doctors, he became an Osteopathic Physician, as well as a Forensic Toxicologist.
Before any of that, Phil Leveque was a Combat Infantryman in the U.S. Army in WWII. He suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 60 years after the war, and specialized in treating Veterans with PTSD during his years as a doctor in Molalla, Oregon. Do you have a question, comment or story to share with Dr. Leveque?
Email him: ASK DR. LEVEQUE
More information on the history of Dr. Leveque can be found in his book, General Patton's Dogface Soldier of WWII about his own experiences "from a foxhole". Order the book by mail by following this link: DOGFACE SOLDIER OF WWII If you are a World War II history buff, you don't want to miss it.
Articles for January 28, 2010 | Articles for January 29, 2010 | Articles for January 30, 2010