Transnational Government of Tamil Eleam (TGTE) Announces Appointments to the House of Senate
Two people who write for Salem-News.com are now part of the new government of Tamil Eelam (Sri Lanka).
Dr. Brian Seneviratne and Ramsey Clark are both TGTE Senators, both work with Salem-News.com
(NEW YORK CITY) - Significant progress is being realized in the effort to establish the nation of Tamil Eelam in the north of Sri Lanka. Senators for the Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam have been announced.
The Tamil population in this island nation off the coast of India, a breakdown populace of Hindu and Christian, was massacred by the Sri Lanka government in a pogrom that ended just over three years ago, in May of 2009.
Many Tamils will tell you that the continuing military occupation of the Tamil north is simply an extension of the campaign to slaughter them and remove the Tamil minority from Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka officials deny this but acknowledge that the white van incidents are a matter of serious concern, however they assess the blame for these disappearances of Tamils and Tamil supporters on the Tamils themselves.
The same government alleged that the only civilians who died at the end of the country's 30-year civil war in 2009, were being used as 'human shields', which suggests that people dying in a political resistance would slaughter those they defend.
Sex abuse, rape, arbitrary arrest and detainment; 'white van' political kidnappings; these acts are all attributed to the government of Sri Lanka (GoSL) along with detention camps that may or may not hold large numbers of the 160k Tamils who ceased to exit according to records, after the culmination of a series of military attacks.
- Tim King, News Editor, Salem-News.com
Office of the Prime Minister
Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam
875 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 1001
New York, NY 10001,
August 15, 2012
Dear Honorable Members of TGTE,
Re: TGTE Announces Appointments to to the house of Senate the house of Senate
The Transnational Government of Tamil Eleam (TGTE) takes great pleasure in announcing the under mentioned appointments to the house of Senate (TGTE) effective August 15th , 2012 in fulfillment of section 1:8:2 of the Constitution of TGTE.
A brief resume of the distinguished past of our new Senators is provided underneath.
1) Mr. Ramsey Clark is a former Attorney General of the United States of America. (1967- 1969) He holds a B.A. from University of Texas in Austen and an M.A. and J.D. from University of Chicago. An excellent lawyer well versed in the practice of law in the US and international arena, he has also distinguished himself as an indefatigable civil rights activist. He has ensured himself a place in the history books on USA, by playing a major role in drafting and guiding the passage of two of the most important Acts of Congress of the last century, namely the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and Civil Rights Act of 1968. Mr. Clark’s importance to the Tamils of Homeland and the Diaspora emanates from the fact that he is simply a friend of the community. He has spoken his mind every time our rights had been violated or ignored by Sri Lanka, the Western Governments or the International Bodies.
2) Dr. Brian Seneviratne, a member of the Sinhala community, was professor of Medicine in Sri Lanka, and living in Australia since 1976. He had given lectures in many parts of the world during the past two decades, highlighting the humanitarian tragedy, human rights violations and the plight of the Tamils under the Sinhala chauvinistic regimes. He has given numerous TV and Radio interviews in several countries, and has published nearly 100articles on the violation of human rights in Sri Lanka Dr.Brian never hesitated to raise his voice against discriminatory measures taken by the successive SL governments and its leaders to deprive Tamils of their due place in Sri Lanka.
3) Dr. Nagalingam Jeyalingam, M.D., originally from Tamil Eelam, who earned his MBBS degree from the University of Colombo is now resident in New York, USA, practicing as an ENT specialist and researcher. He now holds the distinguished position of Director of Clinical Research, Newburg in addition to being attending staff at both St. Luke’s and Cornwall Hospitals, New York. He is a member of some of the medical institutes in New York, and also the Assistant Clinical Professor at the Mt. Sinai Medical Centre. Dr. Jeyalingam and his family had been associated with the struggle of the Tamil people for many years. He and his family are well known in the USA for their relentless support for the cause of the Tamil people.
4) Mr. Satya Sivaraman is a journalist, human rights and public health activist based in New Delhi, India. He has been a correspondent for leading English language dailies as well as television channels in India and abroad. He was based in Thailand for over 12 years as a journalist and also with the United Nations as health and information official. He has traveled extensively all over Asia, Europe and Latin America in the course of his work and writes regularly for a variety of publications. Currently his work is focused on human rights and public health campaigns in India and the South Asian region.Mr. Satya had been an instrument in exposing human rights violations in Sri Lanka, and continues to support our struggle.
5) Mr. Elansezhian is B.Sc. Degree holder, specializing in Chemistry. Since 15 years back he has been in the field of defending and protecting the downtrodden and the helpless with his friends and colleagues to give them new life and new hope and raising the voice and defending the human rights for the forsaken Tamil Eelam Brothern and he has been deeply involved where all human rights abuses prevailed to take necessary steps to suppress and put them down and recue give them a glimpse of human dignity with my colleagues, friends and the likeminded brethren.
6) Mr. Gnaneswaran is an Engineer by profession who has obtained accreditation in Canada also to work as an Engineer. As a longstanding Tamil activist, he has been involved in various activities in promoting the struggle of the Tamil Diaspora for the cause of the Tamils. His qualities, abilities and experience will be very useful in our struggle.
7) Mrs. Usha Sriskandarajah: As a Tamil activist well known in the Tamil community, Mrs. Usha Sriskandarajah has been in the forefront of our struggle in Toronto, Canada to bring about awareness of the plight of the Tamil people in the island of Sri Lanka. She is a strong voice among the Tamil Diaspora. She is a yoga teacher too.
8) Mr. Rajaratnam is B.Sc. Degree holder, specializing in Chemistry. He was a member of the International Committee for the Promotion of Tamil Learning. He is an amateur writer, and has authored two well acclaimed publications: (1) Tamil Eelam-The State and the Government (2) Culture and its Roots. Mr. Rajaratnam received the Best Book Award from the Tamil Nadu Government for the latter in the year 2008.
9) Jean N. Mohan is a Senior Barrister-at-Law, and one of the founder members of the Tamil Eelam Society of Canada. Later he has functioned as the Secretary of TES, and also was its legal advisor. He was one of the Co-founders of the Canadian Foundation for Tamil Refugees and Rehabilitation and had acted as its lawyer. He was recognized by the House of Commons of Canada and received citation for his leadership, vision, and the continuous services in legal, social, and religious affairs in the Tamil community. He is active in numerous organizations not only in the Tamil community, but also in many other divergent communities and governmental organizations.
We are greatly honored to receive these distinguished men and women into our fold. We deeply appreciated their willingness to serve the cause of Tamil Eelam and guide us through in the achievement of a noble objective.
Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam
Articles for August 15, 2012 | Articles for August 16, 2012 | Articles for August 17, 2012
Use PayPal to