|SNc Channels: About Salem-News.com
Salem-News.com is an Independent Online Newsgroup in the United States, setting the standard for the future of News.
'Don't Let Them Evict Us'
Jeannette Gearing Special to Salem-News.com
Oregon family farmers the Gearings, ask for the public to contact Chase Bank.
(SALEM) - My family is going to lose our home on Monday unless we get your help right now.
Chase Bank said they would meet with our family representative to hear an offer that would allow us to stay in our home -- but now nobody at Chase will return our calls. The only way we can stay in our home is if we get the bank's attention right now, by calling the Chase Bank.
Will you take just two minutes to help my family? All you need to do is:
- Pick up your phone and dial 614-422-6699 to reach Amy Bonitatibus, Mortgage Banking Media Relations at JP Morgan Chase.
- If you're directed to voicemail, please leave a message.
- Otherwise, when you're connected, introduce yourself and speak to Amy or her representative.
- If you're a Chase customer, let them know - companies care most about feedback from their customers.
- Here are some additional talking points you can use:
- I joined over 200,000 people who have signed the Gearing's petition on Change.org asking for the bank to hear an offer to help the family keep their home.
- I am calling to ask that you meet or hold a conference call with the Gearing family before this Monday, November 5, to hear the offer from the family's representative to buy the property and prevent the family's eviction on Monday.
- The family has lived on this property for 19 years.
- The Gearing's 7 children and an aunt with Alzheimer's all live in the home.
- The Gearings have provided Chase Bank with all the necessary paperwork to set up a meeting.
- The meeting needs to take place before this Monday, November 5, as that is the date of the family's eviction notice.
- The Gearings can be reached for a meeting immediately by calling 706-878-9456.
- Thank them for their time and hang up.
- After you hang up, tell my family how your call went: post any response you get from the bank to our Facebook call-in event
If enough people call in, they won't be able to ignore us -- that's why I'm asking people who signed my petition to flood their office with calls right now!
Thank you so very much for your help.
P.S. Follow our call-in event on Facebook for updates throughout the day and to see what the bank is telling other people who call in.
Articles for October 31, 2012 | Articles for November 1, 2012 | Articles for November 2, 2012