Friday October 19, 2018
SNc Channels:



Jun-05-2011 23:32printcomments

Alcohol Possible Contributing Factor in Serious Crash

Serious injury traffic crash happened on Highway 34 east of Interstate 5.

Crash 5 June 2011 in Oregon US 34
Photos: Dennis Weis, Firefighter/Photographer - Tangent Fire

(LEBANON, Ore.) - Oregon State Police (OSP) troopers are investigating a Sunday morning two-vehicle serious injury traffic crash that occurred at the intersection of Highway 34 and Seven Mile Lane east of Interstate 5.

Troopers say four people were injured, one critically, and alcohol is being investigated as a contributing factor. According to OSP Senior Trooper Brad Hales, Sunday at approximately 8:22 a.m. a black 2003 Nissan Maxima driven by 29-year old Alimpiada Kalugin of Homer, Alaska was northbound on Seven Mile Lane when it failed to stop at the stop sign at the Highway 34 intersection.

As the Nissan drove across Highway 34 it was struck in the passenger side by a westbound white 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix driven by 24-year old Kippy Ann Hudson of Lebanon.

Hales says the Nissan spun around north and collided a second time on the passenger side into a large tree on the west side of Seven Mile Lane.

The Pontiac traveled off the west side of Seven Mile Lane and came to rest in a ditch.

Kalugin and her passenger, 28-year old Timofae Jack Martisheff of Seaside, were extricated by fire personnel from Albany, Lebanon, and Tangent fire departments.

Martisheff was taken by REACH air ambulance first to Corvallis Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center and then to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland with critical injuries.

Kalugin was transported by ground ambulance to Samaritan Albany General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Kippy Hudson was transported by ground ambulance to Corvallis Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center with serious injuries.

Passenger Bryon E. Hudson of Lebanon who is 35, was transported by ground ambulance to Samaritan Albany General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. OSP troopers from the Albany Area Command office are continuing the investigation. Safety restraint use is pending confirmation.

The multi-agency Linn County Major Accident Investigation Team responded to assist. ODOT and Linn County Sheriff's Office also assisted at the scene. One westbound lane of Highway 34 and Seven Mile Lane were closed for about 5 hours during the investigation.

Comments Leave a comment on this story.

All comments and messages are approved by people and self promotional links or unacceptable comments are denied.

Kippy Hudson September 5, 2014 10:57 pm (Pacific time)

Pray for timofae who turns out was originally driving if it wasn't for him...I wouldn't have to explain to my children why I am broken and permentaly disabled now. These two people robbed me of my life this was the last morning I knew what no pain was now I shall live the rest of my life in pain and with seizures. All thanks to alcohol. So yes pray for Timofae that he doesn't do this to another person he should also be charged! I am very angry with these two souls. My little girl made it....6 months to the day I gave birth to a beautiful little girl. They never mentioned I was 4 months pregnant! Shame on these two people may they forever have my name on their lips every time they take a drink again!!!

troop June 9, 2011 12:24 am (Pacific time)

FSC 1249 EN BN from afghanistan is praying for SPC Martisheff!!

Anonymous June 7, 2011 11:35 am (Pacific time)

Timofae Martisheff is a good friend of ours.... please pray for him!!!

Anonymous June 6, 2011 10:23 am (Pacific time)

bryon hudson is my dad

[Return to Top]
©2018 All opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of

Articles for June 4, 2011 | Articles for June 5, 2011 | Articles for June 6, 2011
Special Section: Truth telling news about marijuana related issues and events.

The NAACP of the Willamette Valley


Call 503-362-6858 to Order Ahead  or for Party Reservations!

Sean Flynn was a photojournalist in Vietnam, taken captive in 1970 in Cambodia and never seen again.