|SNc Channels: About Salem-News.com
Salem-News.com is an Independent Online Newsgroup in the United States, setting the standard for the future of News.Publisher:
Gilad Atzmon's American Grassroots Tour
Author of 'The Wandering Who?' on continuing U.S. tour.
Gilad Atzmon is the author of 'The Wandering Who??
(OAKLAND) - Gilad Atzmon is on a United States tour and everyone who has an opportunity should make it a point to attend and hear from this master of words and music who is a tireless proponent for human rights in Palestine.
Last night Gilad appeared in Oakland, California, the next engagement is Tuesday, Gilad will me at the Morgan Suditorium in Los Angeles, and from there he goes to the state of Colorado. From that point, Gilad heads to Illinois and then to Wisconsin, and Georgia.
His tour will culminate with appearances in New York, and then in the nation's capitol, Washington D.C. Then it will be back to New York for a final appearance on 16 March.
Our readers are familiar with this outspoken author of 'The Wandering Who?' and Israeli-born Gilad Atzmon has first-hand knowledge of the problems plaguing the Middle east that must be heard. He's also one of the world's most accomplished jazz saxophonists.
- Friday, Feb. 24, 7 pm—Islamic Society of York Region, 1380 Stouffville Rd., Richmond Hill, ON; tickets $10 per person. Contact: (905) 887-8913.
- Saturday, Feb. 25, 7:30 pm—Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts, 1428 Alice St., Oakland, CA; suggested donation of $10-$20. Contact: (510) 224-3518.
- Tuesday, Feb. 28, 8 pm— University of La Verne, 1950 3rd St., La Verne, CA. Morgan Auditorium, 8 pm. Contact: (909) 593-3511.
- Wednesday, Feb. 29, 7:30 pm—Levantine Cultural Center, 5998 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA. Free, reservations suggested. Contact: (310) 657-5511.
- Thursday, March 1, 7 pm—University of Colorado Campus, Boulder, CO. UMC, Free for the public.
- Friday, March 2, 8-11 pm—Buntport Theater, 717 Lipan Street, Denver, CO. Free, Contact: (720) 946-1388.
- Saturday, March 3, 7-10 pm—3rd Street Center, Carbondale, CO.
- Monday, March 5, 7-10 pm—Café Nayal, 6328 Richmond Ave., Houston, TX 77057.
- Wednesday, March 7, 7-9 p.m—Northeastern Illinois University Recital Hall, 5500 North St. Louis Ave., Chicago, IL; free.
- Friday, March 9, 7 pm—discussion, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 1111 Humanities.
- Friday, March 9, 10 pm—music portion to follow, The Weary Traveler, 1201 Williamson St., Madison, WI.
- Saturday, March 10 – Atlanta, GA. More information to come.
- Sunday, March 11, 3-5 pm—Plymouth Congregational Church with Maceo Kemp, 5301 North Capitol St., Washington, DC, open to public, donation to church recommended/not required.
- Sunday, March 11, 6:30-9:30 pm — DC Jazz session at Dahlak Restaurant, 1771 U St. NW, Washington, DC; no cover charge.
- Tuesday, March 13, 7 pm —The Cracker Factory, 35 Lehigh St., Geneva, NY. Contact: (315) 246-4395.
- Wednesday, March 14, 6:30-8:30 pm—Gilad Atzmon discusses The Wandering Who? and other matters with Norton Mezvinsky, Connecticut State Professor of History Emeritus, at the Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church, 900 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, DC; free and open to the public.
- Thursday, March 15, 5-7 pm —Music and talk at DC Peace House, 1233 12th St. NW, Washington, DC; free and open to the public.
- Thursday, March 15, 8 pm—possible additional event TBA.
- Friday, March 16 – New York, NY. More information to come.
Gilad Atzmon’s New Book: The Wandering Who? A Study Of Jewish Identity Politics Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk.
Articles for February 25, 2012 | Articles for February 26, 2012 | Articles for February 27, 2012
Use PayPal to
Sign Up Now!