Saturday October 21, 2017
Sep-24-2007 07:06TweetFollow @OregonNews
Polk County Announces 2007 Flu Shot ClinicsKevin Hays Salem-News.com
Clinics will be held in West Salem, Dallas, Monmouth, and Grand Ronde.
(DALLAS, Ore. ) - The Polk County Health Department has announced it's 2007 flu shot clinics.
The CDC says October or November is the best time to get vaccinated, but you can still get vaccinated in December and later. The flu season can begin as early as October and last as late as May.
Flu shots are recommended for everyone 6 months & older – especially:
1. Those 65 years of age or older.
2. Residents of nursing homes & other chronic-care facilities.
3. Adults & Children treated for chronic diseases in the past year.
4. Pregnant women.
Persons at elevated risk of transmitting influenza to other high risk persons:
1. Health Care personnel.
2. Employees of health care facilities for the elderly.
3. Providers of home care to the elderly.
4. Household members of high-risk persons.
There are some people who should not be vaccinated without first consulting a physician. These include:
1. People who have a severe allergy to chicken eggs.
2. People who have had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination in the past.
3. People who developed Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) within 6 weeks of getting an influenza vaccine previously.
4. Influenza vaccine is not approved for use in children less than 6 months of age.
5. People who have a moderate or severe illness with a fever should wait to get vaccinated until their symptoms lessen.
2007 Polk County Flu Shot Clinics
Thursday, October 4th:
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM ACADEMY BUILDING GYM 182 SW Academy St.
Monday, October 8th:
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM MONMOUTH SENIOR CENTER 180 S. Warren
Thursday, October 11th:
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM SALEMTOWNE RECREATION HALL 2900 Oakcrest Drive NW
Monday, October 15th:
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM GRAND RONDE Seventh Day Adventist Church
Thursday, November 1st:
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM POLK COUNTY COURTHOUSE 1st Floor Conference Room, 850 Main St., Dallas
Starting November 2nd while supply lasts, flu shots will be available at the Polk County Health Department during regular immunization clinics on:
Monday or Thursday, 8:00–11:00 AM & 1:00–4:00 PM by appointment – Call 503-623-8175.
Flu shots are $30, but nobody will be turned away due to inability to pay. A pneumonia vaccine is also available at a cost of $43.
The following insurances can be billed for the flu shot.
Please bring your insurance identification cards with you.
* REGENCE BLUE CROSS/BLUE SHIELD OF OREGON (Oregon & SW Washington)
* Medicare Advantage First Choice 65
* Regence Life & Health Preferred Choice 65
* PROVIDENCE MEDICARE EXTRA
* MEDICARE - PART B
* MEDICAID - OREGON HEALTH PLAN
Polk County Public Health is located at 182 SW Academy St., Suite 302, in Dallas. For more information call 503-623-8175
Articles for September 23, 2007 | Articles for September 24, 2007 | Articles for September 25, 2007