Tuesday January 22, 2019
Nov-20-2013 20:05TweetFollow @OregonNews
Registration for Cover Oregon Application Fairs Filling Up Quickly Across the StateSalem-News.com
Prior to arriving at a fair, Cover Oregon asks that people pre-register online for a specific time slot.
(SALEM) - Cover Oregon is kicking off the first of six application fairs across the state today to help people apply for health insurance. Interest in the fairs is high and registration time slots are filling quickly. Space is limited and Cover Oregon encourages people who wish to attend an event to pre-register at Application Fairs Registration. Pre-registration is encouraged, but not required. There may also be wait times.
In addition, Oregonians are encouraged to start their application now by downloading and printing it at CoverOregon.com and bringing it to the fair. Fair participants can also learn more about health insurance and the enrollment process, and be connected to community partners and agents who can help them.
Prior to arriving at a fair, Cover Oregon asks that people pre-register online for a specific time slot, if possible. Following are registration pages and event information for each event:
• Medford, Nov. 20, 12-8:00 p.m. at the Ramada Medford Hotel & Conference Center (Note: event registration is closed for Medford. For application assistance, find a community partner or agent in the area on CoverOregon.com.
• Eugene, Nov. 21, 12-8:00 p.m. at Lane Events Center
• Bend, Nov. 22, 12-8:00 p.m. at the Riverhouse Hotel & Convention Center
• Salem, Nov. 25, 12-8:00 p.m. at the Oregon State Fair & Expo Center (Cascade Hall)
• For a list of all events, click here
TIPS AND REMINDERS FOR YOUR AUDIENCE:
People attending the fairs should have the following information handy:
• Social Security number (or Alien Resident number) for everyone who has one and who is applying for coverage
• Birth dates
• Employer and income information
• Other information such as alimony paid, student loan interest, educator expenses, IRA contributions and tuition/fees
• Any self-employment deductions
• Policy number(s) and plan name(s) for any current health insurance
• Information about health coverage available through an employer
Cover Oregon takes the security and privacy of financial and health information seriously and is taking steps to safeguard information gathered at the Application Fairs.
For a faster experience at the application fair, participants can start their application at home by downloading and printing it at CoverOregon.com. Fill out as much information as possible and then bring the application to the fair.
Assistance will be available in English and Spanish, and in some locations, other translators may be available. For assistance in other languages, or for assistance in participating in this event due to a disability as defined under the ADA, please call Cover Oregon at 1-855-CoverOR or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Childcare will not be available.<
About Cover Oregon
Cover Oregon is a health insurance marketplace where Oregonians can choose from different health carriers and plans that fit their needs and budget, and find savings to pay for coverage. Cover Oregon includes health insurance from both private companies and public medical programs such as the Oregon Health Plan and Healthy Kids. Many people‹for example, an individual earning up to $45,900 a year and a family of four earning up to $94,000 a year ‹will qualify for financial help. Visit CoverOregon.com or call 1-855-CoverOR (toll free 1-855-268-3767).
Articles for November 19, 2013 | Articles for November 20, 2013 | Articles for November 21, 2013