|SNc Channels: About Salem-News.com
Salem-News.com is an Independent Online Newsgroup in the United States, setting the standard for the future of News.Publisher:
Most Anticipated Movies Coming to a Screen Near You in 2017
The months ahead are packed with movies to be excited about!
Image: Dork Side of the Force
(SALEM, Ore.) - 2016 has been a great year for movies and with the Golden Globes and the Oscars on the horizon some of the biggest and the best are being released right now. Looking further ahead to 2017, things are only going to get better.
There’s the inevitable excitement about sequels, of course, and there are some great new titles on their way to Salem. These are some that fans can’t afford to miss.
- Fast 8 – one of two Vin Diesel blockbusters set for 2017 (along with xXx 3: The Return of Xander Cage), this also features Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez and Jason Statham as everybody’s favorite car crime gang gets back together on the streets of NYC.
- Wonder Woman – after making a big impression in Batman vs. Superman the Amazon from Themyscira shows she’s much more than just a sidekick. Gal Gadot stars in an origin story that sees our heroine set out on a voyage of discovery.
- Kong: Skull Island – Tom Hiddlestone and Brie Larson are among the explorers venturing into the forgotten world that spawned the famous ape. Viewers should expect epic thrills and the best dinosaur action since Jurassic Park, but watch out for those giant sized creepy crawlies!
- Live by Night – when a petty outlaw falls for a mob boss’ wife – and decides to help himself to some of the big man’s money as well – the stage is set for bloody vengeance in this Prohibition-era thriller starring Ben Affleck, Sienna Miller and Elle Fanning.
- I, Daniel Blake – winner on the 2016 Palme d’Or at Cannes, this gritty drama from auteur Ken Loach takes a look at two people struggling at the sharp end of Britain’s benefits system – and discovering friendship in the process.
- Mary Magdalene – he’s got the beard and now he’s got the role to go with it. Joaquin Phoenix plays Jesus Christ alongside Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rooney Mara and Tahar Rahim in a story that explores the meaning of redemption.
- Before I Wake – Rising star Kate Bosworth plays the mother of a little boy afraid to go to sleep – with good reason. Despite a recent change of release date, Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh, who has helped to secure some $20bn of investment for the industry, has assured fans that it’s still a dream ticket as far as he’s concerned.
- A Cure for Wellness – A young executive visits a secretive wellness center in the Alps and finds something sinister happening in this chilling tale from the legendary Gore Verbinski.
- Get Out – A too-nice suburban community turns out to be hiding a nasty secret in Jordan Peele’s potent thriller, which uses horror tropes to explore some of the everyday fears experienced by young black men confronting racism.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII – undoubtedly the hottest sequel of the year, this is a film whose story is still tightly under wraps, but it has been established that the whole cast of the last film will be back – yes, including Harrison Ford. Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern will join them.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – the team have new mysteries to unravel as they investigate Peter Quill’s background in this irreverent sequel, which also stars Kurt Russell.
- Blade Runner 2049 – Ryan Gosling and Robin Wright join Harrison Ford in this hotly anticipated return to the world created by Ridley Scott and Philip K Dick, with a story set decades after that of the original.
- Despicable Me 3 – Gru and family are back to take on the ultimate foe – an embittered former child star – in a film that looks set to please parents, children and little yellow minions alike.
- My Little Pony: The Movie – a long awaited big screen outing that’s bound o pack in the fans, this film sees our equine heroes set out on a quest to find the magic they need to save their home.
- Beauty and the Beast – Emma Watson plays the plucky heroine in a life action reworking of the Disney favorite, which also brings in the talents of Emma Thompson and Kevin Kline.
With so much to look forward to, movie theaters are likely to be packed over the coming months, so smart viewers will make sure they book ahead.
This is just a taster of what’s in store, and with Portland’s regular film festivals returning as well, those willing to drive will never run short of something to see.
Source: Salem-News.com Special Features Dept.
Articles for November 8, 2016 | Articles for November 9, 2016
Sign Up Now!