Thursday May 23, 2013
Salem Ranked #10 City in US for Retired SinglesSalem-News.com
Salem's placement is a real statement, since retired singles are interested in living where the weather is nice all year round.
(NEW YORK CITY) - Salem, OR – named #10 city in the U.S. for retired singles looking for love!
Accounting for over 76 million people in the U.S., Baby Boomers constitute the nation's fastest growing population1. And now, more than ever before, a large portion of this demographic remains single2, with more and more reaching that golden age of retirement each day.
In honor of this growing population, OurTime.com has released its 2012 ranking of the Top 10 US Cities for Retired Singles Looking for Love.
OurTime.com is the largest online dating community for singles over the age of 50, with over 2.5 million members who have joined in the last year. Drawing on this prowess and the extensive user data it holds on Boomer aged singles, the ranking specifically examining which U.S. cities had the highest concentration of retired singles looking for a mate. The ranking reaffirmed Florida’s retirement friendly reputation with 7 of the top 10 cities coming from the sunshine state:
Top 10 Cities for Retired Singles Looking for Love
“Given the top 8 cities for retired singles looking for love – you don’t have to think about buying new skates or skis. Retired singles are interested in living where the weather is nice all year round. Seven out of ten cities are in the state of Florida. If you want the largest concentration of retired singles just like you (OurTime.com members), Florida is the place to live,” said Dr. Terri Orbuch, OurTime.com Relationship expert. “However, if you don’t live in one of these top 10 cities and you are looking for love, you should consider vacationing (or taking a trip to) in Florida.”
SINGLE AND RETIRED: SEVEN TIPS TO BEGIN THE NEXT CHAPTER OF YOUR LIFE:
1. Stay positive. Studies show that people are attracted to others who are positive and optimistic. This positive approach can be seen by the content of your conversations with others. It also can be seen by how your carry yourself and your body language. To show confidence, be sure to stand tall, smile, keep your arms open instead of crossed, look at the person you’re talking to, and firmly shake hands with others.
2. Join activities/groups you enjoy. Retirement will allow you more time to be out doing something you love – in a setting where you’ll be more likely to meet someone with similar interests (playing golf, exercising at the gym, book club, traveling, cooking classes).
3. Identify key life values. Retirement will allow you to have more time to identify your key life values and what you’re looking for in a romantic partner. Singles who know their own needs and wants are more likely to find a romantic partner who meets those needs and wants.
4. Diversify yourself. Retirement will allow you to have more time to focus on other aspects of you (art, music, reading, exercise, helping in the community, volunteering with kids) – which will make you more balanced and healthy (and attractive to others).
5. Conversation starters and question. By having more time to be out doing something you love, you’ll have a myriad of additional topics and interests to talk about when you meet potential partners. This will be very attractive to others. In addition, it gives you the confidence you need to date (again).
6. Increase of older singles in US . By having more time to be out doing something you love, you’ll get a fresh new perspective on being single. You will understand that that you are not alone – there is a general increase of older singles in the U.S. There are other singles out there, just like you, who want a romantic relationship.
7. Similarity in underlying values. By having more time to identify your key life values and what you’re looking for in a partner – you’re more likely to find someone who meets those expectations and has similar key life values. Similarity in key life values is what keeps relationships together for the long haul.
Articles for July 1, 2012 | Articles for July 2, 2012 | Articles for July 3, 2012
|Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | Copyright © 2013 Salem-News.com | news tips & press releases: email@example.com.|