Sunday June 17, 2018
Apr-16-2009 16:52TweetFollow @OregonNews
'Real Heroes Wanted' for Upcoming Red Cross EventSalem-News.com
The nomination deadline of May 1st is approaching.
(SALEM, Ore.) - The Willamette Chapter of the American Red Cross is accepting nominations for the 2009 Real Heroes event until May 1, 2009.
Real Hero nominees may be a friend, family member, neighbor, firefighter, member of the military, police officer or a worker in a social service or government agency.
The nominee can be a professionally trained lifesaver or simply a Good Samaritan. There are nine award categories including: * Humanitarian Youth Hero: (Ages 21 and under) Presented for the use of life saving training skills to save the life or lives of others.
* Humanitarian Adult Hero: Presented for the use of life saving training skills to save the life or lives of others.
* Professional Rescue Hero: Presented to a professional or volunteer firefighter or company, or to a law enforcement agent or department whose life saving action goes above and beyond the call of duty.
* Crisis Response Hero: Presented to a crisis response or 911 dispatcher whose life saving action goes above and beyond the call of duty.
* Military Hero: Presented to a member of the armed forces (active, retired, commissioned or non-commissioned) whose life saving action goes above and beyond the call of duty.
* Medical Hero: Presented to a medical professional or an organization whose life saving action goes above and beyond the call of duty.
* Community Partner Hero: Presented to a community group, neighborhood, organization or local company that consistently demonstrates a commitment to making a difference in the community.
* Animal Rescue Hero: Presented to an animal that has used trained or innate skills to help save lives.
* Spirit of the Red Cross Hero: Presented for outstanding humanitarian contributions promoting the mission of the Red Cross in our community The heroes are selected by community leaders from the Marion & Polk county area who serve on the Real Heroes Selection Committee.
Once the selection process is complete, the heroes are notified and invited, along with sponsors and guests, to gather in celebrating heroism in our community at the Real Heroes Breakfast to be held Thursday, September 10, 2009.
Nominations may be downloaded from the Red Cross website at www.redcross-salem.org. They are also available upon request by calling 503-585-5414 or visiting the Red Cross office in West Salem.
The event is held each September during National Disaster Preparedness Month, a time when we recall the incredible heroism of so many Americans following the attacks of September 11th. In addition to celebrating the extraordinary acts of courage of ordinary people in our community, vital funds are raised for Red Cross services in Marion & Polk counties.
Source: Willamette Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross
Articles for April 15, 2009 | Articles for April 16, 2009 | Articles for April 17, 2009
Sign Up Now!