Friday November 28, 2014

About Salem-News.com
Zip Weather

Weather Forecast
Keizer is a thriving community near Salem, Oregon

Oct-09-2012 10:34printcomments

Name

THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN REMOVED.

Salem-News.com
Salem-News.com

(SALEM, Ore.) - "This article is no longer available due to serious privacy issues. Salem-News.com strives to protect the privacy and well-being of all of our readers. When/if an article is found to cross that line, it may be removed. This is one of those times."

Comments Leave a comment on this story.
Name:

All comments and messages are approved by people and self promotional links or unacceptable comments are denied.

Man Fawkes October 20, 2012 8:54 pm (Pacific time)

I've never seen so many people coming out with their personal stories of abuse, having escaped from legalistic false Churches that bear no resemblance to what Christianity is supposed to be. It's staggering! Before the Internet, it was the false church's  "best kept secret'. Now, people are "telling". Just google in "Spiritual abuse" and you'll see what I mean. Men such as Coral's ex-husband are not as rare as you might imagine, but he could be the poster boy for that kind. What he forgot,(or ignored), is that to be a follower of Christ one has to change and give up evil tendencies and practices. Yes, things like rape, beating and abusing your wife and talking to her as if she were a dog, or a slave. It took a lot of courage for Coral to come out with her book and these articles, considering the price she would have to pay for crossing these people. You don't think they are going to ADMIT to it, do you? Of course not. They are Pharisees and have their masks firmly in place. This is what being a Christian is supposed to resemble, plain and simple...... not to disable your  wife with abuse and then throw her into a Fema Camp like "Wings of Love", for "re-education".  "Pure religion and undefiled before God the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." OK, let charity begin at home Mr. Warner.

Sila, JUSTICEforADJANI October 15, 2012 7:12 am (Pacific time)

Magnificent job and labor of love, Coral! I wish MORE PEOPLE would pay Attention to the Reality of the Abuse of Women and Children condoned in the USA!! God Bless You, my Admirable friend. - Sila, JUSTICEforADJANI, Mother of Lost Child

LadyFawkes October 14, 2012 9:24 am (Pacific time)

Truly, the battle is in the mind.

"The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed."
-- Steve Biko

Scarlett Sherman October 11, 2012 11:53 pm (Pacific time)

Coral said, "While I was ill from 1993-1994, I learned that most of the Christian community we were involved with did not believe that a Christian could have a physical/mental breakdown. Mr. Warner took me to several fundamentalist groups and counselors during my illness. He and his religious supporters believed that psychology was in error to the Word of God. They exorcised me for being a witch and said I had a Jezebel spirit. Mr. Warner’s counselors could not understand or help me." First of all, you can call this a "Christian community" if you want to, but you said, "the one you and your abusive husband were involved with". It's quite understandable for people to not be able to know what a genuine Christian community looks like under such circumstances, as they are indeed rare, but to continue....they couldn't help or understand you because it was Mr. Warner that needed the exorcism and counseling, not you. Sick, spiritually deranged people do not relate to or understand normal people. If these people thought that Christians couldn't have a nervous or physical breakdown, again, they weren't living with a religious sadist such as Marty Warner. It is a well known fact that even the strongest people can "break" under conditions of continued psychological and physical duress. What nincompoops these people are! As a new Christian, I was exposed to a few such churches. I was fortunate enough to be able to get the heck out of Dodge, but then.... I wasn't married to "one of them". I'm sorry that you had the misfortune to be, Ms. Theill. It's also very sad that many women are going through similar abuses. It's only when our society becomes so outraged by this behavior that it will no longer be tolerated in the culture, in the court system, or in churches.

Erna Boldt October 10, 2012 12:00 pm (Pacific time)

There is no excuse for this kind of tyranny, and there is no "God" who would let that happen to a woman, wife and mother, or any kind of cruelty, only man can crate. The religious phantasies are created by man. "God" has no hand in but for the crazy over-zealous ideologoes of a make-believe society, which create their own heaven on earth to hell, in the name of "religion".
Life is what each of us make of it.

DJ: The late former evangelist Charles Templeton in his book Farewell to God wrote:

“Many think of the church as a sacred institution and of priests and the clergy as men wholly dedicated to the service of God and humankind. This assumption has not always been valid; indeed, it has seldom been so. In the Middle Ages, in particular, the Christian church approximated a terrorist organization, being the instigator and the protagonist in the indescribable horrors of the infamous Inquisition.~~“In France and, later, in other parts of Europe, beginning in the fourteenth century and peaking in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, tens of thousands of innocent men and women—even children—were persecuted, arrested, imprisoned, tried in secret, tortured, flayed, hanged, or burned at the stake in a protracted obsession with heretics, witches, sorcerers, black magic and demon-possession.”

Sergeant Major Brian K. Jackson, USM October 10, 2012 9:05 am (Pacific time)

Coral, my hat's off to you for being the strong woman you are. Never lose sight of who you are or what you are about. You bring strength and confidence to so many others. Keep it up. I think you should go on the circuit telling your story. - Sergeant Major Brian K. Jackson, USMC (Ret)

Dawn Thom October 10, 2012 6:49 am (Pacific time)

Coral, your words get out to the public. It is an opportunity most of us don't have. I see your words as a voice from all of us who have gone through the "Valley."

Ralph E. Stone October 9, 2012 10:07 pm (Pacific time)

I am a longtime volunteer at the Cooperative Restraining Order Clinic is San Francisco. CROC helps victims of domestic violence obtain restraining orders against their batterers.

Domestic violence is behavior driven by a need to control. It includes threats, annoying telephone calls and stalking, unwanted sexual touching, hitting and the destruction of the person's personal property.

Domestic violence occurs across all income levels, races, cultures, religions, and age groups. But too often it is a hidden crime. Ms. Theill's article shines a much-needed light on a serious problem in our society.

Tim King October 9, 2012 12:09 pm (Pacific time)

Your courage is always so inspirational Coral - I can hardly put into words the level of respect and appreciation this articles leaves me with. I hate what happened to you but see consistently that your writing would not be what it is, and therefore your level of help for others, would not be what it is, if you had not experienced this incredible 'unaddressed' victimization. I know I am one of so many people who share this thought. The pen is mightier than the sword!

[Return to Top]
©2014 Salem-News.com. All opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Salem-News.com.
comments powered by Disqus

Articles for October 8, 2012 | Articles for October 9, 2012 | Articles for October 10, 2012

Support
Salem-News.com:

Your customers are looking: Advertise on Salem-News.com!