Tuesday March 26, 2019
Nov-15-2012 15:35TweetFollow @OregonNews
Israel Attacks Gaza - AFP ResponseSalem-News.com
Australians for Palestine issues the following information about an upcoming rally for the people of Gaza.
(MELBOURNE, Aust) - Australians for Palestine deplores Israel’s latest indiscriminate attacks on the civilian population of Gaza.
Spokesperson Samah Sabawi said: “To be clear, Israel’s attack is not simply a “response” to rocket attacks as is being peddled by Israel and much of the Western media.
Israel invaded Gaza last week after a two week lull in violence and killed a 12-‐year-‐old boy playing soccer, an attack that is part of an ongoing campaign of violence against a besieged and occupied people.”
“One has to wonder why Israel would deliberately assassinate Gaza’s top military leader Ahmed Jabari when he had, in fact, been brokering a ceasefire with Israel and had ordered his troops to stop the rockets,” she said. Israel’s escalating violations clearly contravene international law and threaten to ignite an already inflammable situation in the region. We call upon the Australian government to demand that Israel stop its attacks on the Gaza Strip and urge Australians to contact their local members of Parliament to push for an immediate ceasefire. To publicly protest Israel’s attacks, a Melbourne rally has been organised for Friday 23 November at 6.00pm outside the State Library of Victoria.
Special thanks to AFP and Sonya Karkar.
Articles for November 14, 2012 | Articles for November 15, 2012 | Articles for November 16, 2012