Wednesday November 30, 2022
SNc Channels:



Nov-11-2009 23:14printcomments

Tualatin Shooting Leaves Two Dead & Two Injured

It's been a long day in Tualatin, where a fatal shooting shattered lives Tuesday.

36-year old Teresa Marie Beiser was shot to death by her estranged husband, 39-year old Robert James Beiser
36-year old Teresa Marie Beiser was shot to death by her estranged husband, 39-year old Robert James Beiser, who died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Two others were injured.
Photo provided by surviving relatives

(TUALATIN, Ore.) - Yesterday afternoon, Tualatin experienced a tragic event where two people were killed and two others were injured. As officers responded to the scene, it became clear that other bystanders could have been killed or injured had it not been for the quick reactions of bystanders to seek safety and shelter.

There were numerous witnesses and citizens in the area who were very helpful to the responding officers as they were pointing out the direction of the shooter and those who were injured.

This incident resulted in the shooting death of female employee, Teresa Marie Beiser, 36 years of age, of Gladstone, Oregon. Ms. Beiser died from multiple gunshot wounds fired from two different weapons by the suspect. The suspect was identified as Robert James Beiser, 39 years of age, of Gladstone, Oregon; the estranged husband of Teresa Beiser. Mr. Beiser was also found dead at the scene from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Based on the initial investigation, it appeared that Mr. Beiser pulled into the parking lot of Legacy Metro Lab and exited his vehicle armed with a rifle, a shotgun, and a handgun.

As Mr. Beiser left his vehicle, he began firing rounds into the business, through the front plate-glass windows. At least three rounds were fired into the building from the parking lot, before Mr. Beiser entered the inside of the building. At least one of the initial rounds struck Ms. Beiser as she was standing near the front lobby area. A male patron of the business was in the front lobby at the time of the initial shooting. The suspect yelled at him to get out of the building as he continued to fire multiple shots inside the business.

Another employee, 20-year old Brittany Nichole Lore of Vancouver, Washington was near the front doors and was injured from flying glass and bullet fragments; she ran out of the building and flagged down help near a nearby Subway store. Ms. Lore was assisted by a bystander until the medic units arrived and transported her to Emmanuel hospital where she was treated for her injuries and released later last night. At the time of this press release, Ms. Lore requested that no one from the media contact her for the respect of her privacy.

An additional employee, 63-year-old Tony Ochoa of Tigard, Oregon, was also in the business at the time of the shooting. Mr. Ochoa was in the business when the first rounds were fired into the building. He was hit with one of the first rounds, which hit one of his hands, his chest and leg. Mr. Ochoa was wounded to the point he had to crawl to a neighboring business where he was administered first aid by a worker at the business until officers were able to contain the scene and mobilize medical units into the scene to treat the injured. Mr. Ochoa is recovering from his injuries at OHSU and has requested no media contact.

Upon further examination at the crime scene, Ms. Beiser's body was found near the front lobby of the business. She had been shot multiple times by the suspect. Both the assault rifle and the shotgun were used. Mr. Beiser's body was found in a bathroom/collection room towards the back of the business. Mr. Beiser died from a self-inflicted wound from the shotgun he had in his possession. The only weapons found at the scene include a Semi-automatic .308 caliber rifle, a pistol-grip 12-guage shotgun, and a Colt .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun. He also had in his possession an extra ammunition magazine for the rifle and an extra ammunition magazine for the handgun.

Investigators completed the on-scene investigation last night and released the business, Legacy Metro Lab, to the property Management Company and Legacy Security at about 8:30 p.m. SW Martinazzi Avenue between SW Tualatin-Sherwood Road and SW Sagert Street was closed until approximately 9:00 pm last night, before being opened to general traffic flow.

The Department of Human Services is working with family members to determine who will provide care for the two children of the deceased parents.

The Tualatin Police would like to extend appreciation to the people who work for Legacy Metro Lab and the surrounding businesses for working so cooperatively with law enforcement and medical personnel to enable them to secure the area and provide the best assistance possible.

The initial response and investigation involved several officers and agencies including police officers from Tualatin Police Department, Washington County Sheriff's Office, Tigard Police Department, Hillsboro Police Department, Lake Oswego Police Department, Beaverton Police Department, Clackamas County Sheriff's Office, King City Police Department, Oregon State Police, FBI, ATF, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue, Lake Oswego Fire Department, and Metro West Ambulance Service.

Investigators will continue the investigation. Further information may be released at a later time.

Press Release submitted by: Kent Barker, Chief of Police

Comments Leave a comment on this story.

All comments and messages are approved by people and self promotional links or unacceptable comments are denied.

Cletus November 24, 2009 10:53 pm (Pacific time)

a semi-automatic .308 caliber rifle is not an "assault rifle", it is a typical hunting or sporting rifle. All assault rifles are capable of fully automatic fire. They also tend to be chambered 5.56mm NATO (.224 caliber). call a gun by its right name

[Return to Top]
©2022 All opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of

Articles for November 10, 2009 | Articles for November 11, 2009 | Articles for November 12, 2009
Special Section: Truth telling news about marijuana related issues and events.

The NAACP of the Willamette Valley

Sean Flynn was a photojournalist in Vietnam, taken captive in 1970 in Cambodia and never seen again.

Use PayPal to