Wednesday December 2, 2020
SNc Channels:



Jul-08-2014 11:00printcomments

Israel Takes Down Two Rockets Fired from Gaza

Israel says Hamas has fired more than 130 rockets into civilian areas since Monday night.

Israeli Rocket Attacks
Israeli soldiers take cover as a siren sounds, warning of incoming rockets, in Tel Aviv on July 8. Photo Courtesy: Nir Elias/Reuters

(TEL AVIV, Israel) - Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system intercepted two rockets over Tel Aviv fired from the Gaza Strip.

The interception over central Israel occurred on Tuesday evening, according to media reports.

Color Red alert sirens had been heard throughout the Gush Dan area of central Israel, including Herzliya, and earlier in Gedera, also in the central district.

Prior to the siren, the Sde Dov Airport in Tel Aviv was closed to outgoing air traffic, according to reports.

In recent days, Hamas had threatened to strike Tel Aviv and other central Israeli cities.

Early Tuesday morning, Israel launched Operation Protective Edge in Gaza in an effort to stop a rocket barrage into southern Israel by Hamas and other terrorist groups in Gaza.

The Israeli military has targeted about 150 of what it calls “terror sites” in Gaza. Eleven Palestinians have been killed in the strikes, according to Palestinian sources.

No deaths have resulted in any of the rockets fired by "terror groups", that allegedly sparked this retaliation.

Source: Reuters


Comments Leave a comment on this story.

All comments and messages are approved by people and self promotional links or unacceptable comments are denied.

[Return to Top]
©2020 All opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of

Articles for July 7, 2014 | Articles for July 8, 2014 | Articles for July 9, 2014

Donate to and help us keep the news flowing! Thank you.


Annual Hemp Festival & Event Calendar

Special Section: Truth telling news about marijuana related issues and events.

Sean Flynn was a photojournalist in Vietnam, taken captive in 1970 in Cambodia and never seen again.