Wednesday September 18, 2019
SNc Channels:



Jul-02-2013 01:32printcomments

Search Continues for Possible Drowning Victim Near Dayton

20-year old Anthony Jimenez of McMinnville remains missing

Drowning investigation

(MCMINNVILLE, OR) - Family and friends in the Willamette Valley are praying for the recovery of one man still missing after a day at the river went awry.

Yamhill County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call for a missing person / possible drowning at 9000 Dorsey Rd. in Dayton on the Willamette River June 30, 2013 at about 5:21 p.m.

Yamhill County Sheriff Jack Crabtree says 20-year old Anthony Jimenez of McMinnville, 22-year old Kevin Judson of Dayton, and 21-year old Derek Angel of McMinnville, went to the Willamette River. All three attempted to swim across the Willamette River at the "Donkey ponds", but Derek Angel was the only one that made it.

Kevin and Anthony were struggling and calling for help when Kenny Johnson and Ryan Lee went to assist, Crabtree said.

They were able to assist Kevin to the shore, but when they turned around Anthony was nowhere to be seen. Kevin was transported to the hospital.

Yamhill County Sheriff's Office responded with two Yamhill County Boats, along with Newberg Dive Rescue, and Dayton Fire Department. Sheriff Crabtree called on one of his reserves fix wing aircraft to assist in the search. The search operation will resume tomorrow morning.

Source: Yamhill County Sheriff's Office



Comments Leave a comment on this story.

All comments and messages are approved by people and self promotional links or unacceptable comments are denied.

[Return to Top]
©2019 All opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of

Articles for July 1, 2013 | Articles for July 2, 2013 | Articles for July 3, 2013
Your customers are looking: Advertise on!


Tribute to Palestine and to the incredible courage, determination and struggle of the Palestinian People. ~Dom Martin

Sean Flynn was a photojournalist in Vietnam, taken captive in 1970 in Cambodia and never seen again.