Saturday April 30, 2016
Feb-05-2013 20:29TweetFollow @OregonNews
The A to Z Guide to Afghanistan Assistance 2013Salem-News.com
Includes overview of Afghanistan’s government.
(KABUL) - Eleventh edition and still going strong. The 2013 version of the annual “A to Z Guide” is now available. Aiming to enhance understanding of the actors, structures and government processes related to aid and reconstruction efforts in Afghanistan, the new edition offers:
· A comprehensive glossary of assistance terms, including new entries on research organisations, and the Transition process.
· An overview of Afghanistan’s system of government.
· Key primary documents along with country and city maps.
· Political overview of the all of the 34 provinces presenting key figures such as seats in the Parliament, number of districts and population.
· An extensive contacts directory that includes government agencies, NGOs, and international actors.
The Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU) is an independent research organisation based in Kabul. AREU’s mission is to inform and influence policy and practice through conducting high-quality, policy-relevant research and actively disseminating the results, and to promote a culture of research and learning. To achieve its mission AREU engages with policymakers, civil society, researchers, and students to promote their use of AREU’s research and its library, to strengthen their research capacity, and to create opportunities for analysis, reflection, and debate. AREU was established in 2002 by the assistance community working in Afghanistan.
For more information, please contact:
The Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit
3rd street on the left, Charahi Haji Yacoub toward Charahi Shaeed
House no. 144, first gate on the right
Phone: +93 (0) 799 608 548
Articles for February 4, 2013 | Articles for February 5, 2013 | Articles for February 6, 2013
Sign Up Now!