|SNc Channels: About Salem-News.com
Salem-News.com is an Independent Online Newsgroup in the United States, setting the standard for the future of News.Publisher:
North Salem Announces Hall-of-Fame Inductees
Event will be held at the Mission Mill April 27th
(SALEM) - On April 27th, North Salem High School will induct sixteen outstanding graduates and distinguished staff into its newly created Hall of Fame. The event, which coincides with the school's 100TH graduating-class, includes a 6:00 PM recognition dinner and social at Mission Mill.
Staff, Viking graduates and the general public are encouraged to attend the event.
Tickets cost $30 each or $50 for couples, and are available at the Wild Pear restaurant in downtown Salem or by phone at (503) 399-3241.
Hall of Fame inductees include renowned athletes, statesmen, educators and scientists. Each has demonstrated exemplary character, citizenship, leadership and accomplishment that reflect well on North Salem High School and the community, school district and state.
The following is a list of Hall of Fame inductees:
- Mary Eyre* (1914)Teacher and Salem Chamber of Commerce Distinguished Citizen
- Armory "Slats" Gill* (1920)National Basketball Association Hall of Fame
- Edith Green* (1927)US Representative, teacher and author of Title IX (women's sports)
- Mark Hatfield (1940)Oregon Governor and US Senator
- Howard Bruce King (1952) Sports Announcer
- Dr. Edward A. Knapp (1950) Director Los Alamos Meson Physics Facility
- Justice Wallace B. Carson (1952) Oregon Supreme Court Justice
- Jean Moore William (1938) Willamette University Professor
- Claudette Groenendaal (1981)NCAA 800 and 1,500 meter champion
- Larry Mahan (1962) six-time World All-around Cowboy
- John McArdle (1974) 1980 US Olympic Team (hammer throw)
- Malcolm Snider (1965) All-American tackle and professional football player
- Paul Halsor North teacher, coach and athletic director
- Lou Littlejohn North teacher, coach and athletic director
- Dorothy Patch* North teacher and human rights leader
- Tom Pickens (1954) Principal
Articles for April 4, 2006 | Articles for April 5, 2006 | Articles for April 6, 2006